Laura Buffardi was a post doctoral research fellow in the iscience group. She completed her Ph.D. in social psychology at the University of Georgia, U. S. A. in May 2010 and joined iScience group in September 2010.
Laura’s research focuses on promotion of (1) the self (narcissism), (2) research, and (3) brands on the Internet, particularly on social networking websites such as Facebook.com. She now works as a Graduate School Admissions Consultant
- Reips, U.-D., & Buffardi, L. (2012). Studying migrants with the help of the Internet: Methods from psychology. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 38(9), 1405-1424. doi:10.1080/1369183X.2012.698208
- Liberman, B. E., Seidman, G., McKenna, K. Y. A., & Buffardi, L. E. (2011). Employee job attitudes and organizational characteristics as predictors of cyberloafing. Computers in Human Behavior, 27, 2192-2199.
- Buffardi, L. E. (2011). Narcissism on the World Wide Web. In W. K. Campbell & J. D. Miller (Eds.), Handbook of Narcissism and Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Theoretical Approaches, Empirical Findings, and Treatments (pp. 371-381). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- DeWall, C. N., Buffardi, L. E., Bonser, I., & Campbell, W. K. (2011). Narcissism and implicit attention seeking: Evidence from linguistic analyses of social networking and online presentation. Personality and Individual Differences, 51, 57-62.
- Plaut, V. C., Stevens, F. G., Buffardi, L. E., & Sanchez-Burks, J. (2011). What about me? Perceptions of exclusion and their role in non-minority reactions to multiculturalism. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 101, 337-353.
- Campbell, W. K., Miller, J. D., & Buffardi, L. E. (2010). The United States and the “Culture of Narcissism”: An examination of perceptions of national character. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 1, 222-229.
- Finkel, E. J., Campbell, W. K., Buffardi, L. E., Kumashiro, M., & Rusbult, C. E. (2009). The metamorphosis of Narcissus: Communal activation promotes relationship commitment among narcissists. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 35, 1271-1284.
- Buffardi, L. E., & Campbell, W. K. (2008). Narcissism and social networking web sites. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 34, 1303-1314.
- Reips, U.-D., Buffardi, L., & Kuhlmann, T.: Using Amazon’s Mechanical Turk for the recruitment of participants in Internet-based research. 13th General Online Research meeting, University of Düsseldorf.
- Buffardi, L. E. (2011, March). Characteristics of popular brand Facebook pages. Paper presented at the General Online Research Annual Meeting, Düsseldorf, Germany.